Terms and Conditions
LINE Ads Network
The Terms and Conditions for Use for LINE Ads Network (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") stipulate the terms and conditions for use of the Services by the User (hereinafter referred to as the "User" as defined in Article 1) with regard to LINE Ads Network (hereinafter referred to as the "Services") provided and operated by LY Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company".). In the event the User applies for the registration of an account for the Services (hereinafter simply referred to as the "Account") pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 hereof, the User shall be deemed to have given valid and irrevocable consent to all the provisions set forth herein. In the event the User is a person with limited capacity, such consent shall be deemed to be valid and valid with the consent of the legal representative thereof. In the event that the User is different from the operator of the Media for Advertising (hereinafter referred to as the " Media for Advertising " as defined in Article 1) or the Advertising Space (hereinafter referred to as the " Advertising Space " as defined in Article 1), the User is deemed to have agreed to this Terms and Conditions and to have started using the Services for the purpose of contributing to the business of the operator of the Media for Advertising or the Advertising Space. In such a case, the User shall make the operator of the Media for Advertising or the Advertising Space agree to comply with the provisions, representations and warranties, and other obligations that are applicable to the operator of the Media for Advertising media and the Advertising Space by nature, and shall be jointly and severally liable for compliance with them.
Article 1 Definition of Word
The terms and phrases set forth herein shall be defined as follows:
1."System": All or any part of the system the Company provide for the Services
2."Advertisements": Advertisements distributed by Advertisers or their agents or DSP providers, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Advertisers, etc.")using the Service.
3."User": The operator or its agent of the Media of Advertising and/or the Advertising Space, who desires to register an account and use the Services in accordance with this Agreement and who will start using the Services in the event that the Company approve the same in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement
4."Advertising Space" means the Internet distribution space for Advertisements operated by users or third parties.
5."Media for Advertising": Services operated by users or third parties who install the Advertising Space(including, but not limited to, websites optimized for smartphones and application services for smartphones).
6."Media Fee" means the media fee paid by us to the user for the user's provision of the Media for Advertising on the Service of the Advertising Space and the Media of Advertising
7."Users": Consumers who visit and use the Media of Advertising and/or the Advertising Space
8. "Affiliated Partners": Advertisers, etc. or Advertising Measurement Providers and other entities other than the Company involved in the distribution and measurement of advertisements.
Article 2 Application and Modification of Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions stipulates the basic matters concerning the use of the Service between the User and the Company.
2.In the event that the Company stipulates individual terms and conditions, covenants, contracts, and other guidelines (hereinafter referred to as the "Individual Terms and Conditions") with regard to the use of the Services by the User in addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Individual Terms and Conditions shall automatically form part of these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in such case the term this Terms and Conditions shall mean the concept including the Individual Terms and Conditions. Provided, however, that with respect to matters not stipulated herein or matters that conflict with the provisions of Terms and Conditions and the Individual Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Individual Terms and Conditions shall prevail and apply.
3.The User shall comply with this Terms and Conditions and use the Services under the duty of a good manager.
4. The Company reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions and the Individual Terms and Conditions. After modification, the Company shall publicly announce the Terms and Conditions and the Individual Terms and Conditions on the Company's website or notify users individually. By using the Service after the announcement or notification, the User is deemed to have agreed to the modified Terms and Conditions and Individual Terms and Conditions.
Article 3 No Warranty for the Services
1.The User shall make use of the Services in accordance with Terms and Conditions on the basis of its own responsibility and judgment, and the Company does not expressly or implicitly warrant to the User or any other third party that the Services are virtually or legally defective (including, without limitation, defects in safety, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security, etc., errors, bugs, infringements of rights, etc.). In addition, the Company shall not be obliged to repair defects in the Services to the User or any other third party.
2.The User shall prepare all telecommunications facilities, equipment, system hardware, software, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "telecommunications facilities, etc.") necessary to use the Services at own responsibility and expense, except those specifically provided by the Company to the User.
Article 4 Means of communication
1.Unless otherwise provided, communication between the User and the Company in the Services shall be made, in principle, by issuing an electromagnetic document including e-mail (hereinafter simply referred to as"e-mail"). Communication by e-mail shall be deemed to have arrived at the server of the party to be contacted, unless otherwise specified, and when the receiving party is in a condition where the contents thereof can be verified.
2.The User shall, at their own responsibility and expense, prepare an environment in which they can lawfully and appropriately send and receive e-mails to and from the Company, and shall not be allowed to make e-mails from the Company unacceptable without reasonable and justifiable reason.
3. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this article, in the event any special objection from the User does not reach us within ten business days from the day on which the Company dispatch, the User shall be deemed to have received and accepted the contents of our communication. The deemed provisions stipulated in this clause shall apply to cases where the Use is not able to receive a communication due to a reason not attributable to the Company, including cases where the communication the Company sent to the User has not reached the User due to a problem with the sending/receiving environment of the user in violation of Clause 2 of this clause. The foregoing shall not apply to the case where there is a separate provision between the Company and the user.
4.All manifestations of intention regarding the Services by individuals, including the employees of the User (irrespective of the contractual relationship between the User and the individual, including the employment contract, delegation contract, consignment contract, dispatch acceptance contract, etc.) shall be deemed to be valid manifestations of intention by the User, and the effect on such manifestation of intention shall belong to the User in all respects.
Article 5 Procedures for Commencement of Use and License
1.In order to commence the use of the Service, the User acknowledges that it is necessary to register an account in accordance with the processes specified by the Company.
2.Any User wishing to use the Service shall enter the basic user information required by the Company’s prescribed form (hereinafter referred to as the "registration information") and apply for an account registration with the Company.
3.After receipt of the User's application for account registration, the Company consider the registration information to be true and conduct examinations as stipulated by the Company to decide whether or not to accept or reject the application for account registration or whether or not to accept conditional acceptance.
4.In the event that the Company accept the application for account registration of the applicant and issue an account ID for the User (hereinafter simply referred to as "ID"), the application for account registration of the applicant for use shall be accepted and the registration thereof shall be completed. Upon completion of the account registration, the Company shall grant the User the license to start using the Service based on Terms and Conditions(hereinafter referred to as the "License").
5. In the event of any change in the registration information, the User shall immediately notify the change in accordance with the method specified by the Company. Before the Company receive and accept the Change Notification, the Company will deem the registration information prior to the Change to be correct information. In addition, irrespective of whether or not there is a predictability that the registration information may be erroneous, the Company shall not be obliged to urge the user to submit a change notification.
6.The Company shall not be responsible for any and all events caused by the User's delay or negligence in the notification of the change of registration information stipulated in the preceding clause.
7.In order to confirm the registration information, the Company may request the User to submit documents (including certificates of registered matters of corporations, certified copies and extracts of registries, and residence certificates of individuals in the event the User is an individual business operator), and the User shall promptly respond to such request. Incidentally, in the event that the User does not respond to the Company's request for cooperation in matters that the Company deems necessary for account registration and maintenance, the Company may, at our discretion, refuse to apply for the registration of the account or delete an account that has already been registered.
8. The User shall strictly manage the password of the ID and the account set by the Company's predetermined procedure (hereinafter simply referred to as "password") with the duty of care of a prudent manager as confidential, and shall be responsible for the management thereof in all respects. The Company assume that all activities performed by the User's ID and password have been performed by the User. The User may not use User'sID and password under any of the following ways.
(1) Use by oneself for a wrongful purpose or allow a third party to use it.
(2) To lend, transfer, sell, or pledge security to a third party without the Company's prior consent.
(3)To disclose or share with a third party without the Company's prior consent.
9. In the event that an ID or password is forgotten, leaked, or unauthorized use by a third party (including cases where there is a risk of such misuse) is found, the User shall immediately notify the User to that effect in accordance with the method specified by the Company, and shall properly process the ID or password in accordance with the instructions of the Company.
10.The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the User by inadequate management of the User, errors in use, unauthorized use by a third party, or any other act in connection with the handling of ID or password. In addition, in the event any damage is caused to the Company due to these acts, the User shall compensate for such damage.
11.This License is a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license from the Company to the User. The User shall be entitled to use the Service only for the purpose expressly licensed by the Company hereunder and shall not be entitled to use the Service for any other purpose. In addition, neither this Terms and Conditions nor this License shall transfer the ownership of rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) of the Company or any third party in the Services to the User. All rights, including intellectual property rights in the Services, shall belong to the Company or a third party, and the User shall not object to this. The User shall not reproduce, modify, redistribute, decompile, reverse engineer, analyze, create derivative works of the Services in whole or in part, install the Services on any hardware other than personal computer mobile devices, or combine the Services with other software or other software or equipment incorporating the Services, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Company. Provided, however, that the combined act shall not be contrary to the restrictions in this paragraph as to the extent deemed necessary and notified by the Company for the purpose of carrying out the purpose of this license.
12. The User acknowledges that the Service may be changed by us without prior notice and acknowledges that the changed Service may not conform to the service of the User. The User also acknowledge that the Company may, at our discretion, suspend or terminate the provision of the Services without prior notice.
13. The Company may, at our discretion, limit the number of accounts, IDs and passwords of the User of the Services, and the User shall comply therewith.
14. These Terms and Conditions do not license the user any elements of the Company's brand, including, but not limited to, the logos, trademarks, marks, and trade names of the Company or the Company's group companies.
Article 6 Payment of Media Fee
1. The Company will distribute the Advertisement to the Advertising Space in accordance with this Terms and Conditions, a separate agreement between the Advertisers, etc. and the Company, and the Specifications of the Services as the Company may, at the Company's discretion, prescribe.
2.The Company shall pay the User the Media Fee calculated according to the calculation method separately agreed between the Company and the User.
3. In calculating the Media Fee and other charges, the Company will discard any fraction of less than one (1) yen that arises as a result of such calculation.
4. The last day of each month shall be the Closing Date, and the Media Fee for the applicable month shall be closed, and the Media Fee shall be paid by transfer to the bank account designated by the User based on the registration information by the last day of the month following the Closing Date (or, in the case of a Financial Institution holiday, the preceding Business Day) by adding consumption tax, etc. to the Media Fee. The bank transfer fee shall be borne by the Company.
5. Notwithstanding the preceding clause, in the event the Amount of Media Fee transferred as of the Closing Date is less than 3,000 yen (in the event the Payment Account is an account other than Japan, less than 100,000 yen), the Company shall be entitled to withhold payment until the following due date and the same shall apply thereafter. Provided, however, that in the event the User applies for deletion of the account registration or the Company delete the User's account registration, the payment shall be made on the last day of the month following the month in which such reason occurred. No interest shall accrue on the Media Fee withheld from payment under this paragraph.
Article 7 Use of information pertaining to User
1.The Company shall use the User registration information and other User information registered or provided in connection with the use of the Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "User Information") for the following purposes.
1) Act that contributes to the quality improvement of the Services, including, but not limited to, the provision and operation of the Services (including, but not limited to, various communications), as well as the Company's sales activities to advertisers, etc. and third parties.
2) Disclose information regarding the Media for Advertising, as well as distribution information, advertising effectiveness, etc., to the Affiliated Partners.
3) The Company's goods or services (including, but not limited to, the Services) Provision of information relating to.
4) Questionnaires and analyses for quality control and improvement of the Services.
5) Other matters incidental to the above.
Article 8 Deleting an Account
1. In the event the User wishes to terminate the use of the Services, the Usershall apply for deletion of the account registration in the manner prescribed by the Company.
2. The Company may terminate this Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, and delete the User's account registration if the Company deem that any of the following conditions apply. All such decisions shall be made at the Company's discretion, and the Company shall not be obliged to explain to theUser.
(1) When an application for deletion of account registration has been received from a User and the Company have accepted the application.
(2) One year has elapsed since the last use of the Service by the User.
(3) In the event of any special provision in this Terms and Conditions.
(4) In addition to the preceding items, when the Company deem it necessary to delete the account registration.
3.The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User due to the deletion or failure to delete the account registration.
Article 9 Advertising Standards
1. Upon receipt of an application by the User for the provision of the Advertising Space, the Company shall be entitled to review the Advertising Space in accordance with the Company's standards. If the Company determines that the Advertising Space falls under any of the following (hereinafter referred to as the "Advertising Standards"), the Company may improve the Advertising Space, reject the registration of the Advertising Space, or delete the Advertising Space that has already been registered.
1) When a third party or any of the Company's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights, etc.) is infringed or threatened.
2) Including the contents that damage the reputation, credibility, etc. of a third party or the Company.
3) Including libelous slander against a third party or the Company.
4) Including anti-social content.
5) Including content that is illegal or that supports or encourages illegal activities.
6) When the contents are unknown or missing, or when there is no benefit (value) to the user, such as automatic generation or excessive advertising.
7) Techniques to trick users into clicking (including fraudulent pop-ups, false click guidance, etc.) )
8) When it relates to the Multi-Chain Commercial Code, the Infinite Chain Commercial Code, etc.
9) When it contains any other content that the Company, at its discretion, deems inappropriate based on reasonable grounds.
2.The Company may lawfully monitor the Advertising Space in a timely manner even after the distribution of the Advertisement (provided, however, that the Company shall not be obliged to monitor it). In the event of any violation of the Advertising Standards, the Company shall not be required to give prior notice to the User and may take all or part of the measures set forth below, and the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the User as a result of such measures.
1) Termination of this Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part (including, but not limited to, suspension of the delivery of the Advertising within the Advertising Space currently being served).
2) The Company's services (including, but not limited to, the Services) Suspension of provision of all or part of.
3) Lawful communications and other notifications to the judiciary, administrative organs, or other public organs and organizations equivalent thereto.
3.All decisions regarding the preceding two paragraphs shall be made at theCompany's discretion.
4.The User must compensate for all damages caused to us by the violation of the Advertising Standards for the Advertising Space. In addition, in the event a third party objects to the Advertising Space, the User shall respond to such objection at own responsibility and shall not cause any inconvenience to the Company. If a third party disputes the Company with respect to the Advertising Space and the Company respond to it, the Company shall be entitled to charge the User for the costs incurred (including reasonable attorneys' fees).
Article 10 Advertising
1. The Company shall distribute the Advertisement to the Advertising Space of the Media of Advertising in accordance with the System developed, managed and operated by the Company, and shall perform the services necessary for the operation, maintenance and management of the database of Advertising Content and other facilities for the provision of the Services.
2. The Company shall not distribute adult content, gambling (excluding public administration), or any other advertising content pertaining to advertisers, etc. and sites of advertisers, etc. which the Company determines to be in violation of public order and morals (hereinafter referred to as "NG Advertising Content, etc.") with regard to the advertising content, etc. distributed to the Advertising Space of the Media for Advertising.
3.In the event the User confirms that the NG Advertising Content has been distributed to the Advertising Space on the Media for Advertising is to be posted, the User may request the Company to change or suspend the distribution of such NG Advertising Content, etc., and in the event that the Company determines that there are reasonable grounds for such change, the Company shall comply with such request.
Article 11 Prohibited Acts by User
1.When using the Services, the User shall not engage in any act that falls under or is likely to fall under any of the following (hereinafter referred to as "Prohibited Acts").
1) An act in violation of laws and regulations or public order and morals.
2) Any act in violation of this Terms and Conditions.
3) Any act that infringes any and all intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights, or other legitimate rights, including the ownership and copyrights of other User, third parties, or the Company.
4) Any act that infringes upon the reputation or reputation of other User, third parties, or the Company.
5) Any act that causes disadvantage or damage to other User, third parties, or the Company.
6) System (including program) The act of analyzing and analyzing modifications, adaptations, reverse engineering, etc.
7) The act of unauthorized access to computers, telecommunications facilities, etc., operated by the Company or a third party, the act of cracking, attack, and the act of using the Services in a manner or in a manner that interferes with telecommunications facilities operated by the Company or a third party, and the act of promoting such act.
8) Any act of using the Services beyond the scope of the license to use the Services without the Company's prior approval.
9) Any act that interferes with the smooth operation of the Services.
10) The act of registering or providing false User Information.
11) An act of unlawfully using the User Information of other User or other User wishing to use it.
12) Any other act that the Company deem inappropriate.
2.Any damage incurred by the User, the Company, or a third party arising from the prohibited acts by the User shall be handled by the User at the User's own responsibility and expense.
Article 12 No assignment of right and obligation
The User shall not, without the prior written consent of the Company, cause any third party, whether in whole or in part, to succeed to the status and rights and obligations hereunder, assign, accept or pledge the same to any third party.
Article 13 Confidentiality
1.Neither the Company nor the User shall publicize, divulge, disclose to a third party, or use for any purpose other than the use of the Services any confidential business, technical, or other information (hereinafter referred to as "Confidential Information") of the other party that has come to their knowledge in connection with this Terms and Conditions without the prior written consent of the other party. Provided, however, that the information set forth below shall not be included in the Confidential Information.
1) Information already in the public domain at the time of disclosure.
2) Information that has become publicly known after disclosure through no fault of the Information Receiver.
3) Information that was already lawfully in the possession of the Receiving Party at the time of disclosure.
4) Information obtained after disclosure from a duly authorized third party without any obligation of confidentiality.
5) Information developed or created independently without reference to information disclosed.
6) Information that has been notified by the other party of the need for confidentiality.
2.Upon termination of this Terms and Conditions and upon request from the other party, the Company and the User shall, at the option of the other party, return or destroy all the disclosed Confidential Information and copies thereof.
3.Notwithstanding any other provisions of this article, the Company shall be entitled to re-disclose the Confidential Information of the User to its affiliated companies and to the subcontractors for the Services. In such event, the Company shall ensure that the re-disclosing party complies with the Company's confidentiality obligation set forth in this Article.
Article 14 Handling of Personal Information
1. When using the Services, the Company and the User shall handle Users’ personal information with the due care of a good manager and shall strictly maintain this confidentiality not only during the effective period of the use contract but also after the termination thereof, and shall not disclose the same to any third party, whether intentionally or negligently, except with the consent of the person who is the subject of such personal information or otherwise expressly provided in this Terms and Conditions.
2. The Company and the User shall limit their officers and employees who may handle Users’ personal information (including temporary employees and part-time workers, and the same shall apply hereinafter) and the scope of handling to the minimum extent necessary for the use of the Services.
3. The Company and the user shall formulate and implement measures to prevent a recurrence in the event that Users’ personal information in their possession is disclosed to a third party or is found to have been leaked, regardless of whether it was intentional or negligent.
Article 15 Handling of advertising-related information
2. The User shall notify the media on which the advertisement is posted or its link conspicuously at least including the following matters, and shall additionally take necessary measures such as obtaining consent, and confirm that such measures have already been implemented for the Users.
(1) When using the system for marketing services provided by a third party including the Company, the advertising-related information may be collected by the third party (in the case of the Services, the Company) from the Media for Advertising using cookie, SDKs, or other technologies to be described in Paragraph 1 of this article and used for the purpose described in the same paragraph.
(2) Advertising-related information obtained in (1) may be managed by a third party in conjunction with personal information after acquisition.
(3) Opt-out means provided by a third party providing the system for marketing services can deny the use of visit/action histories collected from time to time for marketing services.
(4) Link to the means by which opt-out can be exercised
3. When using the Services, the User shall be responsible for taking such measures as are required by applicable laws and industry standards.
Article 16 Suspension or Discontinuation of Services
In the event of any of the following, the Company shall be entitled to stop or suspend the Services, in whole or in part, by giving prior notice to the User in principle. Provided, however, that in the event of an emergency or unavoidable situation, the Company shall promptly notify the User to the extent that is commercially reasonable after the fact.
1) Periodic or emergency inspections or maintenance of telecommunications facilities related to the Services.
2) Where a telecommunications line, etc., has been stopped due to an accident.
3) The Services cannot be operated due to force majeure such as fire, power failure, or natural disaster.
4) In the event the Company judge based on reasonable grounds that it is necessary to suspend or suspend.
Article 17 Disclaimer
1.The Company shall not be responsible for any events that occur to User who fall under any of the following.
1) Any and all events caused by misinput or other misoperation of the System by the User.
2) Any and all events occurring as a result of setting or changing the environment of telecommunications facilities, etc., or telecommunications lines, etc., used by the User.
3) All events caused by failure of telecommunications facilities of the system (including attacks from third parties, computer viruses, etc.).
4) Any and all events such as business relationships, problems, etc. between the User and a third party that have occurred with respect to the information relating to the contents of the Advertisement
5) All events caused by the suspension or suspension of theServices or by the modification or termination of the Services
6) Any and all other events occurring due to causes not attributable to the Company.
Article 18 Exclusion of Antisocial Activities
1.The User and the Company represent and affirms that the self, and one’s representatives, officers, parties that substantially hold the management rights therein, employees, agents and mediators are not now and will not hereafter constitute an organized crime group,an organized crime group member, an associate member of an organized crime group, a company associated with an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer(sokaiya), a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns,or a politically branded racketeering individual or organization, a crime group specialized in intellectual crimes, those who have a close relationship therewith, and/or those thatare similar thereto.
2.The User and the Company represent and warrant to the other party that they will not,by themselves or through the use of a third party, engage in any act of violent demands, unjust demands that exceed legal liability, fraud, threats, obstruction of business, or any other act equivalent thereto.
3.If either party breaches any of the warranties and representations set forth in this article, the other party may immediately terminate this Agreement and shall not be liable for any damages suffered by the breaching party as a result of such termination.
Article 19 Compensation for Damages
The parties shall indemnify the other party for damages caused to the other party for reasons attributable to the themselves. Provided, however, that the amount of damages that the Company owe to the User shall be limited to direct and ordinary damages and shall not exceed the amount equivalent to the Media Fee paid by the Company to the User for the most recent three months.
Article 20 Cancellation, etc.
1.In the event the other party falls under any of the following, the Company and the User shall be entitled to terminate the use contract, in whole or in part, without giving any notice.
1) When the User violates this Terms and Conditions and the failure to cure such breach in spite of the receipt of a notice of cure by the Company for a reasonable period of time;
2) When an order or notice of seizure, provisional seizure, or provisional disposition has been dispatched or a petition for auction has been filed.
3) In the event of a disposition for failure to pay taxes and other public charges.
4) Where a petition for suspension of payments, commencement of bankruptcy procedures, commencement of civil rehabilitation procedures, commencement of corporate reorganization procedures, or commencement of special liquidation has been filed.
5) If it has resolved to dissolve or discontinue its business without a merger;
6) When a self-drawn or self-accepted negotiable instrument or a self-drawn check is dishonored.
7) When there has been a material change in assets, credit, solvency, etc.
8) In the event it is found that the matters stipulated in Paragraph 1 of Article 18 have been violated.
9) When he/she has committed the act prescribed in Article 18, Paragraph 2.
10)In the event of any other serious breach of trust that makes it impossible to continue the contractual relationship between the parties hereto pursuant to this Terms and Conditions.
2.In the event the Company terminate in accordance with the preceding paragraph and the Company owe any monetary obligation to the User in accordance with the Services, the Company shall be exempted from the obligation to pay such monetary obligation.
Article 21 Matters for Consultation
In the event of any doubt regarding this Terms and Conditions and the Individual Agreement or any matter not stipulated herein, the User and the Company shall resolve such doubt after due consultation between the parties hereto.
Article 22 Jurisdiction
The Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court of the first instance in the event of a dispute between the User and the Company regarding this Terms and Conditions and the Individual Agreement.
Article 23 Governing Law
This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of Japan.
Revised on October 1, 2023
Revised on June 1, 2020
Revised April 14, 2018
Established March 16, 2016